ipcop support

community support forum
It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:34 pm 
New User

Hi All,

I have recently installed IPCOP in our office. I want to block the few of websites (unwanted) to access from office staffs using IPCOP server. Actually I enabled web proxy and so that i can able to view the websites accessed by office staffs. How to block the unwanted websites?

Could anyone help me?

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:43 pm 
Pro User

How much of the documentation or the FAQ have you read? Which bits are you having trouble understanding?

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:17 am 
New User

I have read few documentations only. I got little bit confusion and didn't get exact steps. it would be great help, if you give detailed steps/links to block the websites through ipcop server..

After connecting ipcop server GUI in XP system, i can able to browse in that systems. If I'm connecting GUI login of IPCOP, I could not able to browse. y this issue is happening? i could not any idea because i'm new one to this..

Pls help..

Thanks in advance.

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm 
Site Moderator

tam3105 wrote:
I have read few documentations only. I got little bit confusion and didn't get exact steps. it would be great help, if you give detailed steps/links to block the websites through ipcop server..
Try the wiki like above.

tam3105 wrote:
After connecting ipcop server GUI in XP system, i can able to browse in that systems. If I'm connecting GUI login of IPCOP, I could not able to browse. y this issue is happening? i could not any idea because i'm new one to this..
Huh? What exactly is the problem? Please post a COMPLETE network diagram including IP addresses, subnets, default gateway, and DNS servers for all devices/interfaces.