ipcop support

community support forum
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:26 pm 
New User

Hi,
First I want to say this is an excellent system - congratulations to the authors. I have installed it several times and it works out of the box.

Now I am trying to set up a VPN between Office and Home. Both Office and Home have static Public IPs (on Red) Some bits work, but not all.
Office has a network of 10 machines behind IPCop, mixture of Linux and Win.. and uses NFS, NIS and Samba. All on Green subnet 192.168.1.0
Also have a web server on Orange, internal IP on subnet 192.168.2.0
I have confirmed that I cannot access any of the Green network from a non VPN connection over the Internet

Home has "mini-network" of 2 machines behinde IPCop, 1 win... other Linux. All on Green subnet 192.168.10.0

From Home I can access the PCs on the office network using SSH and Webmin both on their standard ports. But I cannot get the Home PCs to recognise the NFS/NIS/Samba servers and I cannot browse (http://....) to the internal web server on one of the Office PCs - although I can access Webmin on the same server (https://...:10000).
I can also access the Office Orange network using its public IP on the ports that I have opened, i.e 80, 443, 21, 22 & 10000.

I have the network on the Home PC set to use the IPCop box as the Gateway and DNS and have a "hosts" file to provide the IP of the Office servers.

What am I doing wrong or what have I missed???

I'd really appreciate some pointers.
Thanks
Richard